Hair transplant pros & cons:
Hair transplant improve your style and increase your self-esteem and self-confidence. Male hair loss pattern involve many men in their life span. Many factors may decrease hair follicles strength and result in thin and weak hair including cancer, some medications, thyroid disease, anabolic steroids, genetic disorders or normal male
Although hair loss is more prevalent in male, females may experience hair loss due to alopecia, stress, feeding diseases, etc.
Hair transplant is the best and permanent treatment solution for hair loss despite few side effects and complications.
Here we will describe probable hair transplant complications and side effects.
Hair transplant advantages and pros:
- The main purpose of hair transplant is getting a normal growing and natural hair. Hair transplant is a permanent hair loss treatment technique.
- Hair transplant has permanent effects with life span lasting results.
- Hair transplant will improve your style and self-confidence.
- Hair transplant is a cost-effective procedure compared with medications.
- Eyebrow hair transplant result seems more natural compared with micro pigmentation or tattoos.
- Hair transplant is a safe operation that could be done in pregnant women.
- Despite hair transplant is done under local anesthesia without any complications in cardiac and renal diseases, we recommend to consult with your doctor in case of heart and renal disease, before performing hair transplant.
Hair transplant disadvantages and cons:
- Temporary scalp swelling
- Hair follicle infection
- Scalp itching
- Transplanted hair loss: It is a normal reaction to fall out transplanted hair in first 2 to 3 weeks, which is called “shock hair loss”. This may result in new hair growth. Most patients will experience new hair growth 8-12 months after the operation.
- Wide ulcers and wounds.
- Massive bleeding, especially in heavy smokers or alcoholic patients. These habits may increase hair transplant rejection.
We recommend avoiding smoking and alcohol consumption for weeks before and after hair transplant to achieve best hair transplant results.