A brief summary of post-rhinoplasty recommendations given to patients is as follows:
- Prevent injury to your nose. Minimize all activities, and be very careful.
- Avoid blowing your nose. Wipe your nose gently with tissues. If you sneeze, try to keep your mouth open.
- Change the dressing (if you have one) under the nose as needed.
- Avoid extreme physical activity. Strive for more rest than usual, and avoid exertion.
- Brush your teeth gently with a soft toothbrush only.
- Avoid manipulating your upper lip, which helps keep your nose at rest.
- Avoid smiling or excessive facial movements for 1-2 weeks.
- Wear clothing that fastens in front or back for 1 week. Avoid slipover sweaters, tight tee shirts, and turtlenecks.
- Avoid foods that require prolonged chewing. This is the only dietary restriction related to the rhinoplasty.
- You may wash your face, but avoid getting the nasal cast wet.
- Do not wash your hair for 1 week, unless you have someone who can do it for you.
- Do not get your nasal dressing wet.
- Absolutely avoid tanning for 6 weeks after surgery.
- Do not wear regular glasses or sunglasses that rest on the bridge of the nose for at least 4 weeks. You may tape the glasses to your forehead.
- After the physician removes your nasal plaster cast, the skin of the nose may be cleansed gently with a mild soap or a hypoallergenic/mild skin lotion.
Rhinoplasty without Surgery
Rhinoplasty without surgery is a new process that began a few years ago in Iran. A lot of people like this surgery because of the lower price and less pain. But you should keep in mind that this is an augmentation procedure and it’s not used to reduce the size of the nose. In this procedure, plastic surgeons use injectable fillers to fill the depressed part of the nose and reshape it.
Get your Hollywood Smile now!